The Kirk Sessions are comprised of people ordained as Elders who are responsible for the oversight and pastoral concerns of the congregation. Our Kirk Sessions meet individually to oversee the running of each congregation and jointly to discuss shared issues such as worship and communications.
What does this mean?
Every elder is expected to:
• Attend worship regularly
• Remember the work of the church in their own prayers
• Give sacrificially of their time talents and money
• Attend Kirk Session meetings and workgroups/ committees
• Work in partnership with the minister and the other elders
Individual elders might use their gifts in:
• Leadership & vision building
• Pastoral care
• Developing forms of worship
• Christian education